Cancer and stress go hand-in-hand, and high stress levels can lead to poorer health outcomes in cancer patients. The Jefferson-Myrna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine combined creative art therapy with a Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for women with breast cancer and showed changes in brain activity associated with lower stress and anxiety after the eight-week program. Their new study appears in the December issue of the journal Stress and Health.
- Meditation with art therapy can change your brain and lower anxiety (sott.net)
- Mediation with art therapy can change your brain and lower anxiety (medicalxpress.com)
- Lowering Anxiety Via Meditation With Art Therapy Improves Outcomes In Breast Cancer (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Meditation with art therapy lowers anxiety in cancer patients (thehindu.com)
- Mediation with art therapy can change your brain and lower anxiety (eurekalert.org)